Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cecily's Magazine Project


Magazine Project

Projects (excluding quilts) produced by Cecily Archer
Quilts produced by members of the Pocono Quilting Guild
Photo credit - Cecily Archer

My Magazine Project was done on my favorite hobby, fiber arts. I struggled with the color choice on the background. I wanted to do a Red, White, and Blue theme so I really wanted to make a Red background. I attempted many variations of reds but none really looked just right. I changed to using a blue background and added a darker blue and red to the font. The collage is the focal point with images of various fiber art projects, some made by me, some made by a local quilting guild. I learned a lot about layers, formatting of fonts, color choices, image sizes and placement of items on a marketing piece.

This project was created in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment